Referral Program Terms and Conditions, June 15, 2021
Thank you for helping promote environmental responsibility through container monitoring. Participating in our referral program is a great way to save on waste expenses, improve the environment, and make your life or those of your friends and colleagues better. The WasteWiser™ Wise Referrals™ builds your value network, helps you earn money, and makes service delivery accountable.
The Wise Referral Program rules (the “Rules”) apply to programs administered solely by WasteWiserTM (“WW”) and by accepting and sharing your referral code or by signing up with a referral code, you are agreeing to be bound by these Rules. Any violation of these Rules will not only prevent you from participating in any WW referral program (now or in the future), but could also result in forfeiture or retraction of Wise Referral credits, money, or other rewards earned through the program and even the deactivation of your account.
In addition, there may be other terms that apply to your Wise Referral subscription based on the area where you live, including what actions you may need to take as well as the type and amount of the Wise Referral reward(s). See the additional terms that came with your invitation or those provided on our app or website when you made your referral.
1) Who is eligible to make Wise Referrals?
Anyone who (a) is a legal resident of his/her country, (b) is of legal age where they live, and (c) has registered with WW to be share Wise Referrals, and (d) who maintain their account in good standing. Wise Referrers can be any type of but cannot have more than one account for each product or service.
2) Who is eligible to be referred?
Your customers, colleagues, friends, family, and anyone you know (but, obviously, not yourself) is eligible to be referred.
Keep in mind the following eligibility requirements for those who order tracking services through you exist. To receive a Referral Reward for referring someone who orders WW services, your referee must:
(a) be a new Uber user of the service; (b) meet the conditions for using the service; and (c) complete the payment and service registration required for each new OWLTM (i.e. subscribes to WW’s service, has an OWLTM sensor sent to them, and sets-up (provisions) the sensor on the network).
For you to receive a Referral credit for referring new users, the referee must (a) not have previously had a WW account; (b) meet all the conditions WW has for Terms of Service and Terms and Conditions; (c) use your referral link when they sign up; (d) complete the specific set up steps to activate their subscription and OWLTM sensor; and (e) complete any other required actions within the sign-up or referral activation process. Your referees can be referred only once, so if someone else has referred them and they have accepted that invitation they will not be able to accept yours.
A Wise Referrer cannot request themselves as subscriber, create duplicate/multiple accounts or do anything else prohibited by WW’s Terms of Service or Terms and Conditions. If you provide referees to WW, you represent that you have the right to provide them that information and that you have no conflict with any other company in doing so. You also represent that your referral activities do not violate any agreements which you may have with other companies and/or your employer(s) and that should there be any claim(s) from such third parties, you will indemnify WW from any/all claims that might arise therefrom as outlined in WW’s Terms and Conditions and Terms of Service.
3) How can I use my referral code?
WW has the right to limit the number of times you may use or share your referral code and may unilaterally and without penalty terminate it at any time. Rewards accumulated in your account are also subject to unilateral termination in WW’s sole determination and such termination is without liability to WW or recourse by you.
WW wants you to share your referral code and earn Referral Rewards as quickly and as easily as possible. Your participation and interest in accountable waste monitoring is key to eliminating wasteful waste collection practices.
1. You’re welcome to duplicate or transfer your referral code in any manner to make it available to the general public (such as by printing it on business cards; posting it on a coupon website, job website [or using it as part of a job application], Amazon, EBay, Fiverr, Craigslist, RetailMeNot, Reddit, Wikipedia; or use paid social media or paid search);
2. Try to get referees/invitees by educating those in your professional life about the options available for efficient collection (besides those you know personally);
3. You have a limited license to use, display, or replicate your Referral QR code to reach as many prospects as possible while identifying yourself as a Wise Referrer for WW (registering or creating business, URLs, domain names, or software application names or titles is not permitted as this may mislead others into thinking you are business partners with WW);
4. Be creative and create social media awareness about how WW’s OWLTM helps the environment and saves companies money by monitoring their waste services;
5. However, do not use WW's trademarks as your social media profile picture or wallpaper or use any of WW's copyright-protected works (such as graphics, photos, images, drawings, and screenshots from WW's website or app) without Uber's express written permission;
6. Do not purchase keywords (including, but not limited to Google AdWords) that contain any of WW’s trademarks;
7. Do not use automated systems or bots through any channel to distribute, post, or otherwise share your referral code;
8. Do not use scripts or programmed or automatic dialers to send invites or otherwise share your referral code;
9. Do not make misleading claims about WW, the OWLTM sensor, use offensive/abusive content, create fake websites/webpages/social media profiles/apps, misrepresent your connection to WW, or otherwise make any false or misleading statements to get a referee to use your code; and
10. Do not use your referral code in any manner that violates the law or the rights of anyone else.
Remember, when you share your referral code, you should explain that you are a WW Wise Referral member.
4) How do I earn my Referral Reward as a Wise Referral member?
As long as you and your referee follow these Rules, the Terms of Service, and the Terms and Conditions governing your use of WW’s Wise Referral program and apps, you should receive your Referral Reward after your referee uses your code to sign up completes the requirements for the particular Referral Reward (such as completing the set-up information when activating the OWL™ sensor).
Referral Rewards are discretionary and the amount of a Referral Reward and the requirements to get it can vary by your selection and that of your Referee. As a result, if your Referee signs up through another’s referral offer than the one stated in your invitation (they may receive the offer available from other members), that means you might end up with a Referral Reward for less than you first expected. You can sign up anyone, anywhere, at any rate, you prefer as long as they’re in North America – there are no territories or restricted areas.
WW reserves the right to set a limit on the number of times you may use your referral code. The requirements for receiving, and the amounts of, Referral Rewards are subject to change at Uber's sole discretion. Referral Rewards are not transferable, have no cash value, and may expire.
5) How can I earn a Referral Reward as a referee?
For referees, the amount and form of the discount will be shown in their invitation and the terms of those offers will be shown in their invitation.
6) Termination, administration, and changes
WW reserves the right to change, end, or pause, in whole or in part, any referral program, as well as any Referrer’s or Referee's ability to participate in any referral program or receive Referral Rewards at any time for any reason, including suspected fraud (including by either the Referrer and/or Referee), abuse, or any violation of these Rules. If WW ends any referral program, any unused or unredeemed Referral Rewards may be forfeited at that time, provided we give you 7 days of notice to use or redeem your Referral Rewards.
WW may update these Rules at any time. If WW makes an update, it will post the update on the wastewiser.com website and applications to provide you notice of the update. Continued participation in any referral program after any update will mean that you have agreed to the update.